Thursday, June 29, 2006
Mobile Burn has reviewed this mobile phone from LG, the KG800 Chocolate.
The LG KG800 is somewhat of a mixed blessing. I really wanted to give this phone a Highly Recommended rating, as it is truly one of the best fashion phones I have laid eyes on. Not just because of its killer design, either - functionality wise, this is one of the better-featured fashion phones on the market today. Alas, I cannot give our highest rating to this handset, as it has a few flaws that must be overcome.
Read more at Mobile Burn.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Jeff Keller has reviewed this digital camera from Kodak, the EasyShare V610.
- Ultra zoom power in a compact body
- Generally good photo quality and performance (though see issues below)
- Stylish metal body, well put together
- Large 2.8" LCD has good visibility indoors and out
- AF-assist lamp; good low light focusing
- Bluetooth wireless support
- Redeye not a problem
- Built-in panorama stitching (though see issue below)
- Perfect Touch feature improves photo quality at the push of a button
- EasyShare system makes it easy to "tag" photos for e-mailing and printing
- Tons of scene modes
- Great movie mode; zoom lens can be used during filming; electronic image stabilizer
- Very good software bundle
- Above average noise and corner blurriness; white balance system didn't impress in the studio
- 10X zoom range is not continuous: there's a gap between 114 and 130 mm (most noticeable when zooming in movie mode); takes forever to zoom through the full range
- Lens is slow at the wide-angle end compared to other ultra zooms
- Miserable battery life
- No image stabilization
- Four-way controller is too small and stiff; power button is hard to find
- No optical viewfinder
- Flash is on the weak side
- Original images not saved when using panorama scene mode
- Some manual controls would've been nice
- No USB 2.0 High Speed support
Read more at dcresource
Steve Horton has reviewed this mobile phone from Nokia, the 6682.
• Tight integration with Yahoo
• Colorful screen
• Sharp 1.3-MP camera
• MP3 player built-in
• A little bulky
• Tiny keys
• Weak built-in Web browser
Read more at Laptopmag.com