Saturday, March 04, 2006
TomTom unveiled the future of portable car navigation with the announcement of the new, smart and easy to use TomTom GO range and a complete collection of new and updated TomTom PLUS content & services.
New TomTom GO range
The new product line reinvents last year’s award-winning range and includes two models, the TomTom GO 910 and the TomTom GO 510. A third, mid-range model, the TomTom GO 710, will also be available in Europe. Building on the features that have made TomTom devices so popular, the new TomTom GO range offers:
· New cutting-edge design
· High resolution, extra wide, 4 inch LCD touch screen, making the new TomTom GO range even easier to use
· Even more precise GPS performance
· Hundreds of features and software improvements
· TomTom HOME dock and TomTom HOME software to easily manage, download and store additional content from your computer
· Renowned hands-free calling functionality for easy and safe driving
· Enhanced map coverage - the TomTom GO 910 is the first ever portable navigation device featuring multi-continental map coverage including the US, Canada and the whole of Europe at no additional charge
· A fully integrated MP3 player for playing music, audiobooks, and podcasts
· Text to speech functionality for spoken text messages
New and updated TomTom PLUS content & services
TomTom PLUS is TomTom’s offering of content and services to enhance users’ navigation experience and make journeys as stress-free, personal, safe and fun as possible. TomTom’s already substantial TomTom PLUS offering (Voices, Traffic and Weather), TomTom has added Audiobooks and Buddies. In addition, the company has improved TomTom Weather and expanded the TomTom Traffic service to include Road Conditions. TomTom PLUS is now available throughout the US and Europe.
The new product range is expected to be available in mid-April 2006. Additional product details including price on the new GO range will be announced soon.